It seems as though I’ve gotten back into my routine of never updating the blog. I’m ok with it, but, I’m not sure if you are…
So, what’s new since June? New friends, new job, new apartment, new hobbies I suppose. I’ve made a couple of new friends and have been going out a lot more. My friend Michael and I have gone to a concert, went to a Red Sox game and my friend Danni has become my movie buddy .
When I first moved to Boston, I started a bucket list. When Michael and I met, I told him about my list, and he’s been making sure that I cross some of the items off of my list. The first was a Red Sox game. It was AWESOME. Fenway is such a fun park. It’s so classic and really, just awesome. Fenway is the oldest baseball stadium still in use. It’s almost 100 years old!! Fenway is almost consistently sold out, and is also one of the only stadiums that sells obstructed view seats and adds more seats every year to the stadium. The game we went to was the day after Big Papi and O’s pitcher Kevin Gregg started a bench clearing brawl that got them both ejected from the game. Luckily, Big Papi was able to play the next day. We went to the game and watched the Sawx beat up on the Orioles. I wore a Sox baseball cap, was hit on by a married 46 year old, sang “Sweet Caroline”, did the wave and drank Sam Adams. Afterwards, we went to Newbury Street and got Pinkberry. It was a near perfect night and I definitely can’t wait to go back!!
I met my friend Danni when I responded to her Craigslist ad about starting a Paranormal Society. So far, we haven’t done anything paranormal, but I am moving in with her!! I love my roommate Monica, and she has been a pretty decent roommate, but a couple of things have driven me crazy from the beginning when I moved in. First of all, I pay half of the rent and utilities, but can never use the kitchen or living room. Second, there is continuously someone else living in the apartment with us. Her name is Penina, and while she is very nice, she doesn’t contribute to the bills but uses a ton of electricity. She sleeps in the living room so when I get home from work at midnight, I can’t even go into my kitchen. She also sometimes brings a 6 month old baby into the apartment for a weekend. When I get home at 3 and the baby wakes me up at 6, I am not happy. I never felt right complaining, because Penina is a political refugee and just needs a place to live. Finally, this past weekend, I had 2 things in the fridge, the only 2 things I had in the apartment to eat. Monica allowed one of her friends to eat one of them and she threw away the other. I got home at 11:30, starving and looking to eat one of the two things I had in the apartment and they weren’t there. She offered to cook me Kenyan food (turkey livers), but never actually apologized. So on the one hand, it drives me crazy that I am never consulted about what happens in my apartment , that her friends can eat my food, but on the other, I try to put myself in their shoes and wonder how I would feel if it was my mother, or grandmother, or friend who needed a place to stay. I would want someone to help them out. Danni lives in an apartment that her father owns. When her roommate left, she asked her dad if I could move in. We’ve already figured out how to prevent the little issues that have driven us absolutely crazy, and although we will most likely get on each other’s nerves at one point or another, I think the key will be to communicate about it. My new apartment is tiny, but it’s in Boston in Southie which is a historic neighborhood, one that is full of beer drinkin’, mama lovin’, good ole Boston boys. My new address is:
Diana Lang
36 Woodward Street, apt 1
Boston, MA 02127
So please send me letters. I just signed up for every cool catalog imaginable because I want fun mail.
Other things happening recently…I started school. I’m working on getting a certificate in substance abuse services which will take care of my pre-reqs to get into grad school for Occupational Therapy. I’ve decided on Tufts as my first choice because their OT master’s program is rated #5 in the country, I can direct the program to be more psychologically focused rather than physically (which the BU program is) and finally, according to US News and World Report, Tufts is considered a “New Ivy League” school, meaning that outside of the big 8 Ivy League schools, there are 25 additional schools that are academically as good and selective as the big 8, but don’t have the term “Ivy League”. Other examples are Northwestern, NYU, Notre Dame….
Right now, I’m taking a self directed learning class on human growth and development. I think it’s fascinating but it is a difficult class. I’m not sure if it’s difficult because I’m trying to cram an entire semester into 1 month or if I have forgotten how to study. So far I still have my 4.0 GPA, but I’m also praying that I’ll keep that. This coming semester, I am signed up for counseling and abnormal psychology and I’m waitlisted for addiction. I’m so excited to start and really be in school again!
To conclude this post, I spent an afternoon with Ms. Reagan a couple of weeks ago. It was a million degrees outside, so we decided to put on her swimsuit and play in her little pool. Then we ate a popsicle. We tried baking cookies but the dough kept melting. Man, I love this kid.
Ms. R filling up the pool
She was loving the cool pool!
We started playing the “Pour the water over the head” game.
She LOVED this game!
Haha, look at me Aunt Di!!



Loved this update! Your pics are great...
ReplyDeleteLove you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooMom