My first project was a quilt. My grandma is in an assisted living facility, and I wanted to make her something bright and fun to put on her lap. I found this fabric at an awesome fabric store and decided to start sewing.
I also made a cover for my machine. It's awesome.
There was a Saturday that I had off. I have a friend who wanted a Harvard Medical School T-Shirt, so off to Harvard Square I went. I decided to have some fun, walk around the campus, pretend that I'm a student....I then went to the Co-Op, got my friend's shirt, and had Chipotle for dinner. I found out that Harvard Square is quite the hopping place on a Saturday night...and that's just the homeless people!
The T Stop
Beautiful Old Buildings on Harvard's Campus
Ivy League, or what?
I was a little intimidated by the Book Store, but hey....
As you exit the campus, the gate has engraved on it: "Depart to serve better thy country and thy kind". I'll try to go back and get better pics, perhaps in the spring. I was worried about looking like a major tourist...Not cool. I want to also see the crew teams rowing at sunrise...on my bucket list. Yes, I have a Boston Bucket List. I downloaded an app on my phone called Stomp where they suggest a ton of weird things for you to do and you provide photographic evidence that you did them. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can start crossing things off. Some of the items on my list?
1. Squirrel fishing on the Common
2. Cat call to the crew teams rowing on the Charles River at sunrise
3. Dress like an Oompa Loompa on the Chocolate Trolley Tour
4. Have dinner with a stuffed animal
5. Hug an Alpaca (at an alpaca farm)
6. Take a Segway Tour of Boston in formal attire
The other big thing that happened recently, well, not so big, but I accompanied a friend to the hospital for some tests (for them, not me). It was a tiring day, but a fun one, and I got some funny pictures.
Looking up...
Picking a rather large nose....
Until there's news again!
No comments:
Post a Comment